A 22-year-old man already in custody on a slew of other felony charges has been linked to a shooting that killed one person and injured two others in Stockton. 

Daniel Bautista has been in custody in the San Joaquin County Jail since early August on charges including battery and vehicle theft , according to booking records.

This week, Stockton police announced Bautista is also a suspect in a deadly shooting earlier this year.

Officers responded around 7:35 p.m. Feb. 21 to the 9500 block of Bancroft Way after reports of a person who had been shot, police said at the time. They found two people — a 21-year-old man and a 22-year-old woman — suffering from gunshot wounds, Officer Omer Edhah, a spokesperson for the Stockton Police Department, said. Another man, age 20, was found nearby with a graze wound. 

All three victims were transported to an area hospital, where the 21-year-old — identified by the San Joaquin County Medical Examiner’s Office as Jaden Rashawn Phillip Bailey, a Riverbank resident — was pronounced dead, authorities said.

Bailey had been shot in the torso, Edhah said. Information on the other two people who were shot was not available.

Police would not say how Bautista had been linked to the fatal shooting. Citing the ongoing investigation, authorities also could not say what connection, if any, the gunman had with the victims or what a motive for the shooting may have been.